VERVE REMIXED: THE FIRST LADIES AVAILABLE DIGITALLY TODAY
FEATURING REMIXES FROM KASKADE, BASSNECTAR, TORO Y MOI, PRETTY LIGHTS, ZEDS DEAD and MORE
The groundbreaking Verve Remixed series is back with Verve Remixed: The First Ladies, available digitally today July 9th on Verve Records. A physical version of the record will be released July 16th. The all female compilation features 13 classic jazz tracks remixed by some of today’s most acclaimed DJs and producers. Billboard has called Verve Remixed “one of the most successful brands in dance/electronic music” and it is considered by many to be the best remixed series of all time.
Buy Verve Remixed: The First Ladies here –http://smarturl.it/VerveRmxdFrstLadies
The album has had major buzz, with tracks premiering on Pitchfork, The Fader and Rolling Stone amongst others, with a full album premiere on USA Today. The Fader said TOKiMONSTA “cleverly repurposes Getz’s saxophone for the remix’s hook, smoothly intertwining the two key aspects of the original” in her remix of “Corcovado” while Rolling Stone says “Kaskade wraps Gilberto’s narcotic vocals over deep, cosmic grooves that erupt into a supernova of synths” on his remix of “Fly Me To The Moon.” Dancing Astronaut said, “Taking on the lovely Nina Simone, Bassnectar has crafted a masterful trap rendition of “Feeling Good.”
Verve Remixed: The First Ladies features tracks by legendary female artists including Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughan and Dinah Washington. Marlena Shaw, Astrud Gilberto and Sister Rosetta Tharpe also have timeless songs included on the record.
The original tracks have been remixed by 13 of the hottest producers and DJs including Zeds Dead, the Toronto based dubstep group, Kaskade, widely considered one of the most influential names in modern electronic music, critically acclaimed indie artist Toro Y Moi, electro hip-hop soul performer Pretty Lights and Bassnectar, one of the highest profile DJs in the U.S.
Verve Remixed, a compilation series created by Verve Records, brings the greatest producers and DJs today to create remixes of classic Verve jazz tracks. The series has sold close to 1 million tracks worldwide, resonating both with fans of the original recordings and with a new untapped fanbase who are drawn to the producers showcased on the albums.
Verve Remixed: The First Ladies Track Listing:
1. Ella Fitzgerald – Too Darn Hot (RAC MIX)
2. Astrud Gilberto – Fly Me To The Moon (KASKADE REMIX)
3. Sarah Vaughan – Please Mr. Brown (PONTUS WINNBERG OF MIIKE SNOW REMIX)
4. Nina Simone – Feeling Good (BASSNECTAR REMIX)
5. Marlena Shaw – Women of the Ghetto (FLUME’S JACKIN HOUSE MIX)
6. Nina Simone – Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood (ZEDS DEAD REMIX)
7. Billie Holiday – My Man (TORO Y MOI REMIX)
8. Astrud Gilberto and Walter Wanderley Trio – So Nice (AZARI & III REMIX)
9. Sister Rosetta Tharpe – Jericho (C2C REMIX)
10. Nina Simone – Put A Spell On You (PRETTY LIGHTS REMIX)
11. Ella Fitzgerald – Blue Skies (MAYA JANE COLES REMIX)
12. Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto – Corcovado (TOKiMONSTA REMIX)
13. Dinah Washington – I’ve Got You Under My Skin (DJ CARNAGE AND VICTOR NIGLIO REMIX)
For more information or to request a review copy, please contact:
Forward to Friend
Copyright © 2013 Cornerstone Agency, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
71 West 23rd Street, New York, NY
New York, NY 10010
Add us to your address book
unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences